Both parties must be present * Please allow up to 45 min. to apply *
- Maine Residents must apply in the town/city where they reside.
- For couples who reside in separate Maine town/city residences, they can apply in one of the communities of residence.
- Out-of-State Residents may apply in any town and hold the ceremony in any town.
- If one of the applicants is a Maine resident, and the fiancé/fiancée resides out-of-state, both applicants should apply in the town of residence of the Maine resident.
- If either party was previously married, documentation must be presented of how the previous marriage ended, either a certified divorce decree or death certificate.
The License is valid in any community in Maine for a period of 90 days from the date the intentions are filed.
* The Marriage Intentions cannot have ANY cross-outs or mistakes on it. Two additional pages will need to be filled out in the office and signed.